Taleamor Park is located in the middle of LaPrairie Farm in northern Indiana between the towns of LaPorte and Rolling Prairie, and is close to major east-west highways. The closest cities accessible by air are Chicago, Illinois, and South Bend, Indiana.
You do not need to have a car to attend a residency at Taleamor Park. With a week’s notice of your travel information, we can pick you up or drop you off at no charge between 9 AM and 3 PM on Saturday at:
- the Michigan City airport shuttle bus or commuter train stops, or
- the South Bend multi-modal terminal (plane, commuter train, bus), or
- the South Bend Amtrak train station
For those without cars, we drive to town twice a week for shopping and arrange for occasional excursions. If you want a car to explore the environs, Enterprise will drive out to Taleamor Park to bring you to their rental office.
Check in is between 12 noon and 4 pm Central Time on the first day of your residency.
Please notify us of your travel plans as soon as you know them, including how you will be arriving and your estimated time of arrival. Residents are responsible for their own transportation costs. We cannot accommodate arrival to Taleamor Park prior to your residency start date. If you must arrive before the first day of your residency, we can recommend local hotels and B&Bs.
You must vacate your studio and your room by 11 AM on the last day of your residency.
We can drop you off at Michigan City or South Bend between 9 AM and 3 PM at no charge. If you must catch your bus, train, or plane before 9 AM, we can drop you off at a South Bend hotel with shuttle service to the airport where plane, commuter train, and bus services are all available. Alternatively, you may wish to spend a night in Chicago.
Travel by plane:
There are three area airports:
- Chicago O’Hare Airport (ORD) in Illinois
- Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) in Illinois
From O’Hare and Midway, take a Coach USA shuttle to Michigan City, Indiana.
- South Bend Airport (SBN) in Indiana is a regional terminal.
The short connecting flights to and from South Bend are frequently cancelled or delayed due to weather conditions or other reasons.
Travel by car:
Google Maps link for Taleamor Park
2215 East 350 North
LaPorte, IN 46350
Other methods of transportation:
- The South Shore Line is an electric commuter rail that travels between Chicago and South Bend, with two stops in Michigan City, Indiana.
Disembark at 11th Street, the first Michigan City stop
- Amtrak’s Lakeshore Limited travels from Boston and New York to South Bend.
- Greyhound serves the multi-modal terminal at the South Bend Airport from all points in North America.
download a PDF of Traveling to Taleamor Park